LG won't recognize my external speakers. Please, let the tech God's find me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yasmineziorio

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016
I own a 3 year old LG plasma 50 inch tv model number 50PN4500 and i just bought a new Bose sound bar. The main connection is via digital optical output cord. Now my TV HAS one, but when i plugged the Bose digital output cord into the digital optical output in the back of the TV, i go into my tv audio settings and there's no option for me to connect to external speakers. I called LG and they said my TV is not compatible with optical output but i was like then why is there one on the back of my TV? She ended up telling me that it's for service only...and I'm like what the hell? Who the hell made this TV? I've been running around like a mad man trying to get my TV to connect to external speakers and I'm just going nuts. I find it very hard to believe that my
Bose sound system can't naturally connect to my TV. There has gotta be another way (without an adapter). Is there some secret TV audio settings bypass that someone knows of? Does anyone know anything about this? I've googled for the last hour and can't find anyone in my situation. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Solution

The only mention in the user manual states "...set the TV speaker feature to off."

If the audio menu allows you to change the audio output format (e.g. PCM, bitstream, etc.), you may want to try changing that as well.

Make sure you can see a red light at the end of the cable going to the Bose (don't look directly into the cable end).

BuddhaSkoota

Estimable
Aug 16, 2014

The only mention in the user manual states "...set the TV speaker feature to off."

If the audio menu allows you to change the audio output format (e.g. PCM, bitstream, etc.), you may want to try changing that as well.

Make sure you can see a red light at the end of the cable going to the Bose (don't look directly into the cable end).

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.