Solved! LIeawo Blu-Ray Player doesn't recognize disc

Paula_24

Commendable
Nov 20, 2016
Hi, I bought an external blu-ray drive for my laptop (didn't come with a CD/DVD/Blu-Ray drive, dang it). It loads fine, and I have used a Blu-Ray ripper program to put some video on my hard drive. However, when I try to play discs, Leawo doesn't recognize them. The interface shows that I have a Blu-ray disc player, but when I click on it and try to open, the drive ejects and I get a message to load a disc. It's really irritating and I can't find anything on the Leawo site addressing this. Any ideas?

Also, I did try VLC media player, but it kept telling me I needed AASC (? I think) file and even after I downloaded and reinstalled, VLC wouldn't play the blu-ray disc. At least it recognized the drive and didn't try to tell me there wasn't a readable disc in there.

I have played this particular movie on our Blu-Ray player attached to TV. I would like to be able to play BR with this new drive, otherwise it was a waste of $$ and I might send it back.

Thanks!

Solution
Sounds like there may be a problem with the player. To be sure, test it on another computer or laptop and see if it will work. If it does, then you need to check the system for updates, drivers, etc. If it happens on the other device, return the play and get another one (same kind) or a different brand.
Sounds like there may be a problem with the player. To be sure, test it on another computer or laptop and see if it will work. If it does, then you need to check the system for updates, drivers, etc. If it happens on the other device, return the play and get another one (same kind) or a different brand.

Solution

Paula_24

Commendable
Nov 20, 2016

I tried a different disc and that one worked fine, so at this point I'm guessing that the disc itself might be faulty (annoying, since I just bought it not that long ago, and it worked on the player attached to the TV a couple of days ago). I'll continue to check with other discs and if they work, I guess it's just the one that is funky.

mjslakeridge

Distinguished
Does that one disk still work on the player attached to the TV? I have had DVD-RW disks work on certain of my various DVD players and not others. I have also had a few "go bad", even with no physical damage. I assume the same can happen with Blue-ray disks.