Light Gaming laptop for about 1500$

claysei

Estimable
Nov 24, 2014
Hey Guys!

I need a laptop, that can run WoW on high/ultra with about 50-80 fps, depends on enviroment.
I just got some great tips like:

-Asus G551JM with 4GB GDDR5 GTX 860, I7 4700-4710 processor, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD (2.6kg)

-MSI GS70 Stealth Pro 3GB GDDR5 870, I7 4700, 16GB RAM, 256 GB SSD (2.6kg)

I like MSI the most of this two, because it is the same weight like Asus, but with 17". I've heard that MSI got some overheat issues like every gaming laptop, but with MSI it's even worst.
My other thought was to save money for MBP and run it on low graphics (It's the ideal weight for my travelling like life)

I have just saw a great light/performance notebook:
DELL XPS 15 (9530)
GT 750m 2GB GDDR5, 16GB RAM, I7 4712, 512 GB SSD (2kg)

Thanks for helping! Any suggestions will be welcomed!

Solution
You shouldn't be setting your laptop on anything that would be damaged by heat, so overheating issues shouldn't be too much of a concern.

Depending on how your laptops are set up, you might be able to save some money by pulling the SSD and RAM from your current laptop and placing them in the new one. A lot of laptops skimp on one or two parts and are otherwise very well priced.

As it is, I'm a fan of MSI's products and would suggest it between those two listed.

AdviserKulikov

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015
You shouldn't be setting your laptop on anything that would be damaged by heat, so overheating issues shouldn't be too much of a concern.

Depending on how your laptops are set up, you might be able to save some money by pulling the SSD and RAM from your current laptop and placing them in the new one. A lot of laptops skimp on one or two parts and are otherwise very well priced.

As it is, I'm a fan of MSI's products and would suggest it between those two listed.

Solution

claysei

Estimable
Nov 24, 2014
It's obvious that the place is right to have the laptop, but MSI is much thinner than Asus, and some said that the keyboard get 45-55 Celcius, and a CPU is usually at 80-100 celcius when got some heavy progress and decrease the performance. So maybe Asus's cooling system is better, but will Wow get CPU that high?

AdviserKulikov

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015

Yes, CPUs that are being pushed will go 80 - 95 degrees. 55C is only 130F, for fingertips it should be fine. Since you'd be doing light gaming I doubt it would go all the way up to 55, but even if it does, you're not keeping your fingers in direct contact constantly.