Lightweight PC optimisation app?

technoholic

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008
Greetings. I've been looking for a nice, speedy, non-intrusive system optimization suite for my windows 10 x64 PC. I've tried a couple of them but didn't like any of them. Reasons for why i didn't like them: none of them offered me an all-in-one suite (i'll mention my criteria below) or the ones like Advanced system care were either too much intrusive or they tried to run some background stuff while not needed or crashed my system many times while claiming to actually repair it.

My criteria:
- Lightweight (no background stuff when the program is not run, no system tray stuff)
- file/registry cleaner/optimizer + defrag + system and internet settings optimizer

Right now i use CCleaner but it's very limited. The reason i hesitate to use advanced system care is that i tried it at least on 3 different systems and it made them instable or crashed them after the use. Also it tries to run too many background services and shows ads here and there.

Anyone can recommend me some good software for my criteria or do i ask too much?

Note: Can be free or paid software doesn't matter

Solution

If you're having to do it every 2-3 months, you're doing something wrong.
My current Win 8.1 box (soon...

USAFRet

Illustrious
"Optimization"
What are you looking for this thing to do? "file/registry cleaner/optimizer + defrag + system and internet settings optimizer"

Generally, they are kinda useless at best, destructive at worst.

CCleaner is great, but anything more would also be more intrusive.
Registry cleaners? No
Defrag?? The OS does this automatically
Internet settings? Why does that need to be changed/optimized?

Bottom line...they are mostly not needed, and exist for one purpose. To take your money.

technoholic

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008
Well, i know that windows systems may become bloated in time from all the junk files/registry entries left from many uninstalled apps etc. I'm not sure of win10 though cause i've been using 10 for like a couple of months now but up until win7 it was always like that. In my win7 machine, i used to install windows from scratch or load from fresh backup due to system slow-downs or crashes etc like every 2-3 months. CCleaner is cool but doesn't do detailed registry scans or doesn't do defrag. Win defrag is too basic and i'm not even sure if it performs optimally. By the way sorry for my grammar mistakes, i'm not a native speaker :)

USAFRet

Illustrious

If you're having to do it every 2-3 months, you're doing something wrong.
My current Win 8.1 box (soon to be 10), has not been reinstalled since...it was upgraded from Win 8.

Solution