LINDA asks: Acer FERRARI 4000 laptop screen won't display.

TechDiva95

Prominent
May 16, 2017
When I turn on my FERRARI 4000 laptop, it boosts to desktop fine; however the screen displays scrambled and unreadable. HOWEVER, if I remotely connect from another device (PC or tablet) the screen displays normally, without any distortion, audio and OS run fine. I just have to control and view through remote connection. Any suggestions?

Solution
If the laptop has a video card in it, that could be possible as well. Something like that happened with an ex-girlfriend's all-in-one system, which used mostly laptop components. In her case, it was readable, though difficult, with a lot of distortion.

Swapping the video card fixed it.

That might be verifiable if you hook your laptop to an external monitor or TV. If it's still distorted, I'd assume it's the video card. If it's not distorted, then James Mason is likely right about the laptop's screen.

King_V

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2014
If the laptop has a video card in it, that could be possible as well. Something like that happened with an ex-girlfriend's all-in-one system, which used mostly laptop components. In her case, it was readable, though difficult, with a lot of distortion.

Swapping the video card fixed it.

That might be verifiable if you hook your laptop to an external monitor or TV. If it's still distorted, I'd assume it's the video card. If it's not distorted, then James Mason is likely right about the laptop's screen.

Solution