LinkedIn Confirms Password Theft; eHarmony Hacked Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
If I were I news headline writer, I'd write, "Hackers get intimate with eHarmony, users get violated" or "LinkedIn updates resume' to include p0wned"

:)

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
Yeah, but you forget this article was written by Kevin Parrish. To be honest, i'm surprised he managed to write an article title without "nuke" or a string of 1337 gamer jargon in the title

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]gmarsack[/nom]My vote is for "Hackers get intimate with eHarmony, users get violated". Nice one bro![/citation]

Or better "Hacker get's caught and violated by big Babba and his buds in the showers"

I am so sick and tired of these glorified criminals. It is time to revoke their ability to hack.
Single cell with only a 300baud modem :)

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
perhaps something good can come out of incidents such as these... shows how nuts people have to be to use "cloud" services for anything personal or valuable.

perhaps toms will write an article about the inherent and inescapable security risks that aremassociated with cloud services?

Zingam_Duo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Or better "Hacker get's caught and violated by big Babba and his buds in the showers"I am so sick and tired of these glorified criminals. It is time to revoke their ability to hack. Single cell with only a 300baud modem :)[/citation]

Or maybe you could ask the CEOs of the affected companies how much is their bonus and how much they pay for security :D Maybe something like 10:1 :D

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]internetlad[/nom]Yeah, but you forget this article was written by Kevin Parrish. To be honest, i'm surprised he managed to write an article title without "nuke" or a string of 1337 gamer jargon in the title[/citation]
lulz which is worse kevin or yahoo sports writer chris chase?

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
What is collecting all data at one spot rather than individual systems?
What is available 24/7 to hackers compared to individual systems thats turned off when not used?
What is NOT unhackable and it have been proven over and over?

- The cloud!

Only a lunatic would have sensitive information stored in the cloud until there is a unhackable system yet the corporations want you to store all your life there just waiting to get picked up!

Status
Not open for further replies.