LinkedIn Shares Double in NYSE Debut

Status
Not open for further replies.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
I've heard of linkedin, but is it really a popular social tool?

I don't think people should go crazy thinking this is another facebook.

jdmandel

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
LinkedIn is Facebook-esque in that it's a single place to keep in touch with all of your business contacts. However it's not really a big social site from my experience.

As @bin1127 mentioned, I also don't see why people are going crazy about it. It's just crazy IPO fever.

G

70+ times earnings? Fine for a new, growing company but this one is not going to monetise like Facebook or Google.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
For those of us who have/had been unemployed for a while, LinkedIn was/is an important tool moving forward with your career in terms of learning what is going on with the job market, and making all important connections.
Job postings are free, but more regulated than Craig's list, and is therefore the preferred job site portal for many companies.

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
[citation][nom]bin1127[/nom]I've heard of linkedin, but is it really a popular social tool?I don't think people should go crazy thinking this is another facebook.[/citation]

Linkedin is for social business networking. FB is for social networking.

Think of linkedin as the FB with an actual goal of making ones life curcumstances better vs. well, FB.

G

this is initial ipo craze, and though while the $45 ipo jump to $100+ blah blah blah sounds interesting it isnt, considering youre going to need to be a market maker to see anything NEAR that initial pricing. If you noticed the article stated it started at roughly $81.

fir_ser

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
LinkedIn needs to invest the raised money in a wise way in order to expand and increase its earnings. So I’ll wait and see what will happen to LinkedIn in a timeframe of 1–2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.