Linksys Tech Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

starwreck

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2002
Linksys Tech Support is hurting Linksys more than it helps them. Bellsouth distributes DSL modems that perform some router functions, in order to use a seperate router you either have to set the router to just be a switch or turn off the routing functions in the modem. Usually the routing functions of the modem (Westel DSL modems) are flaky so its best to turn them off and use the router as a router. You have to do this with Linksys, Netgear, and DLink routers... however many people don't know this and call up Linksys tech support for help. The linksys tech support tells them everytime that the router is broken and to return it to the store. I have multiple documented cases of this happening. I've even talked to one customer who returned 4 seperate Linksys routers before I told him how to properly configure the router and the modem.

blue68f100

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
And I guess there tech support is india. I ran in similar problems years ago with SMC and Linksys too. There accient was so bad I had problem under standing them. Every time I asked a question they would put me on hold. I guess they were going through the tech support by numbers guide.

I Found out later on that after hours support was handle remotely, from india. I told the tech (mfg) I was not going to by another one from them, because the support was so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.