brandonclone1

Estimable
Mar 26, 2014
I am interested in buying a Corsair liquid cooler in hopes of a quiet PC. That will leave me with an intake fan, exhaust fan, and GPU fans.

From your experience, did you liquid cooler help with noise greatly or minimally?

Solution
If you do not overclock, yes, it's quiet if kept in "silent" mode and equal to the quietest high performance air coolers in noise like the Noctua NH-D15 under load (H100 and above series). You will definitely hear your GPU and case fans over it. My Noctua NH-D14 quiet performance means nothing with my five Antec Nine Hundred case fans and the four fans on my SLI 970 GPUs blowing under load.

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
If you do not overclock, yes, it's quiet if kept in "silent" mode and equal to the quietest high performance air coolers in noise like the Noctua NH-D15 under load (H100 and above series). You will definitely hear your GPU and case fans over it. My Noctua NH-D14 quiet performance means nothing with my five Antec Nine Hundred case fans and the four fans on my SLI 970 GPUs blowing under load.

Solution

Eximo

Distinguished
Herald
The stock Corsair fans are quite loud when they rev up. Really depends on which cooler as well. The larger it is the less need for the fans to rev up in the first place.

They don't cool any better then high end air coolers, and they are generally louder when doing it. You have to go over the $100 mark to get decent results.