Liquid damage to laptop

oohbylinda

Estimable
Jul 15, 2015
I sent my laptop in (which was working fine) due to the charger port being loose. Got a message back that their is liquid damage. My question is is there is liquid damage would it still be working at all?

oohbylinda

Estimable
Jul 15, 2015

They say it can't be repaired? because of the liquid damage. I have protection with Directtv. but I do not have spill protection. So they say they can't fix the port?

oohbylinda

Estimable
Jul 15, 2015

Yes about 4 years ago. I just wanted the port fixed. Ya see their policy is if they can't fix it they replace it. But, by saying there is liquid damage which I am not covered for they can just send it back. I am suspicious that the "fix" can't be done or is to costly and so they are claiming liquid damage? That is why I was seeking more knowledgeable advise. It makes no sense to me that it would be functioning properly with liquid damage?

The liquid damage may not have anything to do with the faulty port. If a warranty does not include accidental damage, the OEM reserves the right to not cover parts and labor on a product that is returned to them with spill damage, even if the spill damage isn't directly related to the problem.

Be advised, also, that liquid damage can potentially cause issues in the future (if it makes it's way to other electrical components).

oohbylinda

Estimable
Jul 15, 2015

So how can I determine if it really has liquid damage? And will someone else fix the port? What is considered a reasonable price to fix it?

It will be visibly evident (stains will be noticeable). You can always ask the company for photo documentation, by the way. We provide that upon request when asked.

The price to fix...liquid damage? All that can really be done is to replace whatever the liquid came into contact with. Pricing varies by the parts in question.