loading windows 8 from disc

whitters1961

Estimable
Aug 8, 2014
I have just bought a Toshiba Satellite pro laptop which has windows 7 installed and came with a copy windows 8.1 pro on disc. However when I pout disc 1 of 2 in nothing happens apart from it asks me if I want to open the files. There is no apparent instal file that I can open to start the process. what do I do please?

Solution
With the disc still in the drive, reboot your system. It should ask you if you want to boot from disk. If so, select yes. If not, then you will need to enter your system BIOS to change the boot order; selecting the optical drive and the first option (hard disk as the second option). This time, you will be prompted to boot from disk (assuming your Windows 8.1 DVD is bootable).

-Wolf sends
With the disc still in the drive, reboot your system. It should ask you if you want to boot from disk. If so, select yes. If not, then you will need to enter your system BIOS to change the boot order; selecting the optical drive and the first option (hard disk as the second option). This time, you will be prompted to boot from disk (assuming your Windows 8.1 DVD is bootable).

-Wolf sends

Solution