Login failed for user 'sa'

GroovyGrimm

Estimable
Jan 8, 2016
I'm in the process of converting an old sql server at work. We need to keep the data for 7+ years by law. I'm doing this by using vmware esxi and it worked perfectly other than for the limited disk space ( ~36GBs of space left). The problem however is we found out we can't access the databases anymore from our shortcuts.https://imgur.com/a/Zq2Rj

Solution
can you open the database with msql and see if username and password manually entered works?
what application was interacting with the sql database a lot of programs will generate an app with Sa and a default "program based" password.
I have seen that a few times with badging software I support.

GroovyGrimm

Estimable
Jan 8, 2016

Sorry, the way we open the server is through a batch file and we use a shortcut of that.

GroovyGrimm

Estimable
Jan 8, 2016

What do you mean by updating it.I just converted the server over to a smaller server using vmware converter. It's using server 2003.

GroovyGrimm

Estimable
Jan 8, 2016

I've been troubleshooting for about 2 weeks, one and off, don't be rude and tell me i haven't put effort into it.
-It points to itself, and uses a file to get the info. That file is correct.
-Credentials have been verified and are correct.

If you did the converted, can you login to the new server with the sa account and sa password?

the batch calling an app? someone have to do more research

I can login to the server with windows credentials and sql server credentials.
The batch calls access to open the database for easy viewing of the items.
You guys keep on being rude and i expected more of this community.

can you open the database with msql and see if username and password manually entered works?
what application was interacting with the sql database a lot of programs will generate an app with Sa and a default "program based" password.
I have seen that a few times with badging software I support.

Solution