Logitech G230 volume inconsistent

Feb 14, 2018
Usually you hear of headphones having very low volume. But I am confused by what this Logitech pair is doing. Before I updated all drivers yesterday, the volume output from the headphones was so loud that the windows volume had to be set to 2 (the minimum above zero), and then the YouTube(for example) volume would be around 50% for the actual output to be bearable for me.
I was fine with that in most cases since there was a way to make the volume bearable, and increasing it was not an issue. However, now the Windows and the YouTube volumes are both at 100 and it is just loud enough for me to know what is going on.

How can this be? Am I missing something, some other setting that is causing this inconsistency?

As insane as it might sound (I promise I do not hate my ears), any way you know of I can go back to the crazy high volume mode? I would rather not uninstall drivers and revert back to the pre-update state.

Drivers that were updated yesterday:
Realtek Audio Drivers [v8 308_FF00] (obviously can be something related to this)
Realtek Lan Drivers [v10 023]
Allin1[v17.40.1025_WHQL] (These I got as the latest drivers for AMD processors running on my motherboard: AsRock AB350 Pro4)
AB350 Pro4 [3.40 and then 4.60] (These are updates to the BIOS. It specifically said online to first get 3.40 and then the latest 4.60 version of the BIOS, so that's what I did)

Any and all help is appreciated! Thanks a lot to all of you in advance.

Solution
First thing I would check is the control box where the mute switch and volume level adjustment wheel are, and see if both are working normally. Then try swapping the front panel connector or the rear motherboard connector and see if there is any difference there. Also check your windows "playback devices" settings / properties under "enhancements" and check if there is any sound effects enabled like equalizer with low settings or loudness equalization enabled. The levels tab should follow the volume setting on windows so check that too.

If you have another pair of headphones or earbuds try those as well and see if they have the same problem. If windows 10 updated these drivers for you as part of the updates, sometimes removing...
First thing I would check is the control box where the mute switch and volume level adjustment wheel are, and see if both are working normally. Then try swapping the front panel connector or the rear motherboard connector and see if there is any difference there. Also check your windows "playback devices" settings / properties under "enhancements" and check if there is any sound effects enabled like equalizer with low settings or loudness equalization enabled. The levels tab should follow the volume setting on windows so check that too.

If you have another pair of headphones or earbuds try those as well and see if they have the same problem. If windows 10 updated these drivers for you as part of the updates, sometimes removing them and using the asrock drivers may fix it - disabling win10's auto-driver update could be a solution in that case.

Solution