Logitech G35 only microphone works

boggz7

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
Last night my Logitech G35 Headset started acting weird. It connected and disconnected from my computer about 5 times in a few seconds. It comes up as an advanced audio device rather than Logitech G35 Headset. Sometimes it's recognized as a microphone rather than a headset.

I get static sound in the left speaker when I go to "Recording Devices", and the G35 microphone is recognized in there. When I test the device I get no sound from either speaker. I am able to use the microphone to record, but that's the only part of the headset I never use.

I have updated the drivers multiple times. I have manually installed new and older drivers to the headset. It is now seen as Logitech G35 Headset, but only in one of my usb ports, in any other it's an "advanced audio device". It does the exact same thing on any other PC as well.

Sometimes pressing the one of the "G" buttons on the side of the headset will make my pc think the headset is being muted/unmuted, and the same happens when I use the volume slider on the side. This is leading me to believe that it is a driver issue, but I don't know what else I can do to the drivers that I haven't already done.

I'm really hope to get this resolved, even though this headset comes with a 3 year warranty I got it as a gift and cannot get as receipt for the proof of purchase. So if anyone has any other things they think might work, it would be much appreciated.

I just noticed that whenever I press the "G1" button it will cause the microphone light to start blinking as well as muting/unmuting it. But when I use the volume slider it will only mute/unmute it, it does not affect the the microphone light.

boggz7

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

The issue is consistent with any other PC I use it on. What you're saying is that every PC I've used has the same issue?

p_double

Estimable
May 1, 2015
I got the same fail, I started my computer today and my G35 did also only get recognized as the advanced audio device. I spent about 2.5 hours trying to enable the correct drivers, without getting a solution. The blinking light connected with "G1" is the same for me.

So I'm still trying other ways to find working drivers.

I know this thread is about 1 month ago, but did you find a solution yet, or did you just gave up, as I'm thinking of right now?