Logitech g633 surround sound on console

Jg2504

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016
I was wondering if the surround sound worked on the Logitech g633 on Xbox one. Because I have an Xbox one but I want a good surround sound headset for a cheaper price than the Astro a50s. I'm trying to decide which headset to buy for Christmas and i would really like to buy the g633s but I need to know if the surround sound works on console before I make the buy.

Solution
I have not seen yet a method of having surround sound on the G633 with the XBOX one. The connection is wired for the Xbox One, through the controller with an included 3.5mm wire. 3.5mm wire = no surround.
I have not seen yet a method of having surround sound on the G633 with the XBOX one. The connection is wired for the Xbox One, through the controller with an included 3.5mm wire. 3.5mm wire = no surround.

Solution

Hunter Wideman

Estimable
Oct 16, 2014
There is no possible way to unlock 7.1 for any headphone/set in any console; only on PC you can use surround. Yes you can connect through the 3.5mm jack in the controller and they work. Hope this helps!

(Correction: You CAN get surround if the headphone you are using is set up with "real" surround sound.)