Logitech G930, it's like it changes from 7.1 to ?.1 surround.

ttg_Avenged

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
This is going to be a tuffy to explain. I am using a wireless headset made by logitech. G930.
http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g930-7-1-wireless-gaming-headset

[strike]So, at random times but I haven't noticed it not in game, my headset decides to flip out and change, well I'm not sure, I think its changing to 5.1 from 7.1, but why? It sounds like I flipped a switched and the audio changed formats or something. (It's not swithing to stereo, I know my headset has a switch for that. That's not why.)

Sorry if it's confusing, but this is farely difficult to explain.
End of question one.[/strike]

I thought of an easier way to explain whats happening, and it's not only in game.
The audio suddenly changes volume, direction, or distance. No clue why..

Question two, why make two threads?

I had a old G930 (that didn't do the first problem..) but broke, and that G930 did this problem also, so I think it's my system or game. When I look away from something in Arma 2, I don't hear it. I have to look nearly at it. It's like my sound has a FOV! I considered it may be that arma doesn't support 7.1, but my friend with the same headset doesn't have this problem.

A nuke could go off, I won't hear it if I'm not looking in the right direction, lol.
It only seems like this is in Arma, should I go to Bohemia for this one?

daleLogi

Honorable
May 31, 2013
Hi ttg_Avenged,

I have a few suggestions that you can try to help troubleshoot the issue with your G930. If you already tried any of what I posted, just ignore them ;).

Make sure you have an updated version of the Logitech Gaming Software. The latest version of LGS is 8.46.
-Make sure you have the surround sound enabled.

-The Dolby switch on the G930 should be pushed down.

-Launch the Logitech Gaming Software and test the surround sound to make sure it's working properly. Click "Experience Surround Sound" on the LGS interface (Refer to this link).

-You can also test the G930 in the Windows Control Panel. Go to Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Sound>Playback tab. Right click the G930 and click "Configure Speakers". Click Test.

If the G930 seems to work fine in the software and in the Control Panel, the issue might be with the game or with the game settings.

ttg_Avenged

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012

Thanks for responding.

I've done all of these troubleshooting steps. No luck. This happens when I'm not in game, also.

daleLogi

Honorable
May 31, 2013
Hi ttg_Avenged,

Can you describe how the sound is outside the game? For example what does the audio from the G930 sound like when you test it in the Logitech Gaming Software or in the Control Panel?

ttg_Avenged

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012

"The audio suddenly changes volume, direction, or distance. No clue why.."

^Still same problem.

daleLogi

Honorable
May 31, 2013
Hi ttg_Avenged,

I dont think it's a hardware related issue if the problem only occurs on specific applications. There is an option in the Control Panel that might be worth checking. Go to Control Panel> Hardware and Sound> Sound> Communications tab. Select Do Nothing. See if it helps.

Nick Arian

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
don't know if it has anything to do with this, but for mine under the standard windows sound properties with the g930 selected i pressed the configure button in the lower left and through that had only "center" and "subwoofer" selected on optional speakers ad then just "front left and right" on the next page. i play arma 2 as well and it seems fine for me on these settings. also helped with any bass distortion

joyfishbb

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
Surround sound is fine. It is working great on the software
mkbA

Zyborg

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
I know it's a bit late but I had the exact same issue, rolled back to 8.45.88 and it worked perfectly. I know that they just did an update to 8.50 and I just tested it and it still has the same issue, seems to detect 7.1 sound and switch to 7.1 when you are running etc but as soon as it doesn't have any 7.1 sound it switches back to 5.1 and that switch is super annoying :/ Wish they would fix it.

adjman

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
So I just started experiencing this issue, when playing a game that is broadcasting in 7.1/5.1, and it works fine when that game is running by itself. When I add in a source that is less than 5.1 such as Pandora Desktop or audio from a Browser, then when the game doesn't have a surround source to send it switches to stereo and and when the surround source comes in then it switches back to surround.

I have 3 workarounds to fix this, and they all suck.

These are all done with the 8.46.27 drivers, as they are the most stable I have found.

1. Disable all sound from the surround source. This stops it from receiving a surround signal to trigger the switch.
2. Set all of the program to broadcast in Stereo sound only. Same reason as above. BEST!!
3. Turn off surround setting on the headset. Same reason as above.

Number 2 still gives the benefit of producing a psuedo surround experience, but it disables the switching 7.1 to stereo.

AmGers

Estimable
Jul 24, 2014
Hi Everyone,

So I recently bought a G930 myself, and experienced this issue. I found this thread looking for a solution, however I have a possible solution of my own. Within the Playback options in Control Panel, open the properties of the headset, rather than configure, and go to the enhancements tab. Enable Speaker fill. Sounds a tad different, not sure if better or worse, however there is absolutely no sound switches since enabling, been 2 hours, of attempted replications now