Logitech G930 - Sound through speakers instead of headset

locuzt

Estimable
Aug 12, 2014
Hello,

I recently bought the Logitech G930 only to find out that it apparently isn't ready right out of the box. I've been working on it for hours to no avail. All sound plays through my PC speakers instead of my headset. Support would be greatly appreciated.

Groveling_Wyrm

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2002
It all depends on what sounds you want to put through your headset, and what version of Operating System you are using. In Windows, you have to set it as your default sound device, or go through each application you are using it with, and set it as default in that program.

ttimberlak443

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
If you have the wireless receiver plugged in (it doesn't matter if its plugged directly into the charger or the computer) then that should show up as another sound device in the Windows Sound manager. Simply set it as the default device and it should work.

locuzt

Estimable
Aug 12, 2014
I am running on Windows 7 and it is already set as the default device. It still goes through the PC speakers instead of the headset. When I plug in the USB receiver for the Logitech G930 the sound icon in the tray has a X on it. It also says that 'No Audio Output Device Is Installed' and I can't edit any sound settings.

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
You did remember to install the Software package, right? After you do that, you must go to Audio in the control panel and select the headset as your default audio device...

Yes, one flaw is.. you have to manually switch default devices. An easy fix is to install a program called SoundSwitch to switch between them easily.

Tieas Cone

Estimable
Jul 8, 2015
(On PC) I went into Control Panel> Devices and Printers> Right-Clicked on my headset> ran the troubleshooter, and it resolved my issue. Note it was working fine last night, suddenly wasn't working today, so I am glad that this worked!

Terry_6

Estimable
Sep 29, 2015
Same thing happens to me, except its whenever i change a program, I.E. I have to use the troubleshooter to get the audio working but then if i start a game up for example counter strike, i cant ghear anything and i have to use the troubleshooter again, then when i exit i have to use it to hear stuff in my desktop because every time i start a different task it changes audio settings. help pls.

Frater Lupus

Estimable
Oct 28, 2015
I'm exactly the opposite. In Win 8.1 and now after upgrading to Win 10, I cannot get any sound to play through speakers when the G930 is enabled. It is my default sound device, but even if I go into configure on teh sound properties for my basic speakers, I can't get any sound out from the test sounds.

I use my headset for gaming religiously, but sometimes I want to paint or do somethign wiht my hands and I'd just like to have tunes in the background. I've never been able to get the two to peacefully coexist and know which one shoudl be used and when.

Thoughts?

deemoetee

Estimable
Oct 31, 2015

deemoetee

Estimable
Oct 31, 2015
Make sure your system settings corresponds to the headphone settings. In my case I had the surround sound settings ( the switch on the headphones ) on and in the speaker settings on my computer off. Make sure they match. Right click the G930 in your sound settings -> Properties -> Effects [x] Enable Surround. Then turn on surround for your headset and see if it works

GPO2596

Estimable
Dec 30, 2015

Thanks so much, after trying all the responses above, yours finally did it!