Logitech G930 Wireless priority Windows 8.1

jonasbensimon

Estimable
Nov 16, 2014
So i got the Logitech G930 Wireless for my Windows 8.1 PC but the issue is that when its plugged in wether its on or off it takes priority EVERY time and even if i go to the desktop, bottom right where the sound logo is and go into 'mixer' and activate my other speakers it switches back to G930 automatically when starting a game for example. I was wondering is there anyway to make it stop doing that? maybe theres a 'priority' area where to control it?
So far i only figured out by unplugging it every time, but i rather keep it plugged and be able to activate it whenever i want to use it.

anyways thanks a lot!

Solution
First you need to go to control panel and manage audio devices and set the default audio device. I have my speakers as the default.

Now, on my system I have installed a program called SOUNDSWITCH... it allows me to switch between my G930 headset and desktop speakers with ease... That might be what you need:

https://soundswitch.codeplex.com/

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
First you need to go to control panel and manage audio devices and set the default audio device. I have my speakers as the default.

Now, on my system I have installed a program called SOUNDSWITCH... it allows me to switch between my G930 headset and desktop speakers with ease... That might be what you need:

https://soundswitch.codeplex.com/

Solution

jonasbensimon

Estimable
Nov 16, 2014

Ah i see but why do you still use SoundSwitch? is it because putting your speakers as default did not work? or is it simply becasue it would be easier to switch back and forth with that program?
thanks for advice!!

jonasbensimon

Estimable
Nov 16, 2014

and this this link is good for 8.1? also thanks for the link really appreciate it

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
I think I might have confused you with my comment about changing control panel to default to Desktop speakers... it makes no diference when you use SoundSwitch... that program will automatically change the defaults for you... After you install it.. you'll see an icon in you notification area... So when you want to switch to headset or speaker.. you just click it and select which one you want... it's so much easier than going into the control panel and changing the default audio.. Give it a try.. you'll see you like it.. and it's free...

jonasbensimon

Estimable
Nov 16, 2014

definitely works and is def what i wanted thanks!!!