Logitech Gaming Software wont open

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrhayler

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
so i recently got a new Logitech G502 and i downloaded LGS online it worked fine i changed some settings then it randomly wouldn't open anymore and my mouse macros stopped working.
I have tried a reinstall for it and in task manager Lcore.exe is running.

Solution
"I have tried a reinstall for it and in task manager Lcore.exe is running."

Open Task Manager, click on Lcore.exe to highlight it, then click "End process".
Wait a few seconds then try uninstalling the LGS software again.

Then download & re-install it.

Aquila_Umbrae

Commendable
May 19, 2016
I have been working at this issue for hours trying every possible solution mentioned on the Internet. Nothing seems to be working. I have a g910 a g502 and a g930. The Logitech gaming software was working just fine until tonight. I did install a new graphics card 970 ftw and updated the drivers. I believe that triggered the issue originally. But now no matter what I do of what version of the Logitech gaming software I install it simply will not open. I have tried uninstalling the nvidia drivers, installing countless versions of C++ and there is nothing. Lcore will not launch at all.

Machine specs are
Mobo: MSI z170 titanium edition
Processor: Intel i7 6700K

RAM: 16gb Gskill rip jaws DDR4 2400

Card: 970 FTW EVGA

WINDOWS 10 Home

Drake_Feore

Commendable
Aug 14, 2016

This worked for me, thank you for taking the time to let us all know, GOOD ON YOU!

tecvoid

Commendable
Sep 16, 2016
mine would crash when it tried to load the profiles tab
or would not start at all.
reinstall didnt help.

problem was the profiles folder

click windows
%appdata%
local
logitech
profiles
delete all the profiles folder contents

reopen logitech
click the profiles tab, no crash

import my backup profiles

boom im working agian

kojackcheese

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014

I'm having this exact problem after updating today, but your fix didn't work for me. It's rather frustrating.

AndyThilo

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016
Hi

Just got a G900, and at first it was fine, with the latest 8.88.3 software, 64bit Windows 10. The I did the in software firmware update. I thought it was ok, but after reboot, I could no longer load the software. It would show up in task manager but never open. If I disconnected the receiver, it then opened, but plugging the receiver back in and the software locked up.

I then downloaded the G900 Chaos Spectrum Firmware, ran it again and it updated the receiver firmware. Now it's all working perfectly.

Hope this helps anyone with the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.