Logitech Gaming Software wont open

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrhayler

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
so i recently got a new Logitech G502 and i downloaded LGS online it worked fine i changed some settings then it randomly wouldn't open anymore and my mouse macros stopped working.
I have tried a reinstall for it and in task manager Lcore.exe is running.

Solution
"I have tried a reinstall for it and in task manager Lcore.exe is running."

Open Task Manager, click on Lcore.exe to highlight it, then click "End process".
Wait a few seconds then try uninstalling the LGS software again.

Then download & re-install it.

"I have tried a reinstall for it and in task manager Lcore.exe is running."

Open Task Manager, click on Lcore.exe to highlight it, then click "End process".
Wait a few seconds then try uninstalling the LGS software again.

Then download & re-install it.

Solution

mrhayler

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
I have tried all of the things listed on this forum and more i even tried a system restore. at this point the only option left i can think of is reinstall of windows, but id rather not do this as id loose 800gb of stuff and i don't have an external hard drive.

nanners

Estimable
Jun 1, 2015
I don't have an answer, but I think the problem may be the G502 mouse. I have been using the G430 USB headset alone for months without a problem in the Logitech Software, however after buying the G502 mouse my Software will no longer open, and I have the exact problem as you. The LCore process is running however the software won't open, nor will the system tray icon be displayed.

iflyvfr

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013
I'm not sure it's your mouse. I was having the same problem after upgrading to Win10. After a lot of trial and error, I determined that AVG PC TUNEUP software was disabling it from starting up. I decided to uninstall AVG PC TUNEUP (I use CCleaner for most things). That solved the problem for me. AVG kept trying to optimize my programs on startup and was disabling the Logitech Gaming Software. This worked for me...there could be other reasons it's not working for other folks.

Bram__

Estimable
Oct 23, 2015

I reinstalled windows twice now, and still i have exactly thesame problem......
IT SUCKS BECAUSE I HAVE 3 LOGITECH PRODUCTS WHO NEED IT :C

ohhnoez

Estimable
Dec 13, 2015
Do you have other Logitech hardware?

I'm using win 10 x64 and the x64 version of LGS. I have a G600 mouse (the reason i suffer this software) and a G930 headset. On restart my LGS will not load, just the lcore.exe, but the software does not load. I found if unplug the G930's usb dongle and re-launch the software it loads fine, but with the headset plugged in it refuses to.

Bram__

Estimable
Oct 23, 2015

Im using windows 8 x64 with the x64 version 8.5.8 (Older version) of LGS
I tried all other solutions I could find on the internet, but the only way i got it working is using the 8.5.8 version of LGS software.
Only downside to that is now i cannot use the arx docking station app since that requires 8.7.0.
Im using the 930 headset, logitech G910 Keyboard, and the G500 Mouse.

Caboose155

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009

I was going nuts since I had just updated the software, and it would open right after I installed it, but once I restarted my computer, no luck. Tried unplugging my g930 dongle, like you said, and boom it worked like a charm. Not sure why this would be the case.

BenGee

Estimable
Dec 16, 2015

Yes same for me. At least unplugging the doggle got it to work, so I could change some keys for the mouse... So thx for that lol. Just started over night too. was working fine the other day. I love logitech but after going thru all the issues the g930 had to offer Im getting really put off.

Gordon_5

Estimable
Jan 1, 2016

have you find a way to fix it yet? i have the exact same pronblem. While using LGS, my headset will keep disconnect and connecting. When i am using the headset the gaming software won't launch. wtf?

pickscrape

Estimable
Jan 3, 2016
Just to comment that I'm having the same issue (and to receive notifications of any updates). I've been trying to track down LCore.exe crashing for a while now, but only just figured out that it works if the dongle isn't plugged in, and knowing that, found this thread.

I've found that the dongle can be plugged in after LGS has loaded, and it will work (at least to an extent) thereafter, or at least until LGS has to start again.

Windows 10 (threshold 2) 64, G930, G700ss, G510s

Epicnessism

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015

So I am having the same problem with LGS not starting up at all and my programmable keys on the G930s not working but the part about the headset disconnecting every 15 minutes is actually programmed into the headset, I found another thread where it tells you how to go into the actual Logitech headset files and change the offinterval from 900 to 0.

Dibbel

Estimable
Jan 17, 2016
I have a similar problem with the software form Logitech. it is not running, well it kinde is but noting happens. after the windows 10 update (i had win 10 for some time and everything work't fine til a update in dec.). after the update the network card stopt working reinstalled it and i was back on the net. video card stopt working reinstalled it and i had my full hd back. try'ed the same with Logitech game software no chance it starts but that about it i get a popup for Microsoft to allow Logitech to make chance's to the system witch of course i do and the nothing happens i can see the installer running if i look it up in the task manager. also i try'ed closing all processes that where not necessary and all services that i did not need but no chance.

Don Herget

Estimable
May 21, 2015
Just to let you know, you are not alone. I just tried to install the latest update (8.78) and have the same results. I'll certainly let you know if I succeed anytime soon.

I went back to version 8.58 and it works fine. I will NOT trust an update notice from Logitech again.

Jam3d

Commendable
Feb 8, 2016
Figured out a fix using these steps:

1) Backup profile data .xml files at C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Logitech\Logitech Gaming Software\profiles
2) Uninstall Logitech Gaming software
3) Delete Folder C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Logitech\
4) Clean registry using Ccleaner (MAKE A BACKUP)- (Hate this software, but it does the job. I uninstalled it right after using it)
5) Unplug any Logitech Gaming hardware you have connected
5) Reboot
6) Install Logitech Gaming Software (LGS) 2.58 x64
7) Reboot Again
8) Software should start with windows now, open LGS and check for updates
9) Let it install 8.78 and reboot again
10) Download 8.79 from Logictech, Install, Reboot
DONE!

Took me a few months to finally get this problem to go away. I still have to edit the Device_Mainfest.xml for my G930's to keep it from auto-shutting off, but that is another issue.

I rebuilt my profile from scratch, only a couple of macros, so it was not a huge deal. But you should be able to import it from xml files backed up in step 1.

Finally I can use my G710+ and G930 without having to remember to start LGS!!!

chubarka_nz

Commendable
Mar 27, 2016

Hi I recently had a similar issue - after a system restart (unlrelated to logitech peripherala) LGS wouldn't open - No matter what I tried - uninstalled and re-installed various versions of LGS and still it wouldn't open - lcore.exe was never in processes list etc.
UNTIL, I tried version 8.53.154, during the installation it asked me to disconnect my G930 head phones, once that install had finished I kept my g930 headphones unplugged and installed version 8.81.15 and VOILA - it installed and is now open, plugged in the g930 and they were detected and LGS is still working.

All other versions except 8.53.154 never prompt to disconnnect any peripherals, I would try unplug any you have except maybe mouse as you need this to carry out install or keyboard etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.