Logitech Intros Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

It looks OK but it seams there is no way to use this in a lap you would need table to use it.
Solution to the same problem from ASUS seams much more elegant....

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
"...However, I can't help but think that most people who have purchased an iPad were content that it had no keyboard, and those who were not and didn't buy one bought a netbook instead."

Because most netbooks are crappy little mini-notebooks with dinky little keyboards and crappy low-res screens. They don't have the battery life or form factor of a tablet.

Most of the time, a keyboard is not really needed. But can be handy for someone who has an iPad who ends up wanting one, rather than getting rid of the tablet to get a netbook.

Apple doesn't make netbooks. Their smallest / bottom end notebook is the Mac Air.

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]"...Apple doesn't make netbooks. Their smallest / bottom end notebook is the Mac Air.[/citation]
The 11" Macbook Air might as well be a netbook, it's footprint is very small but it kills all the netbooks out there and should for the price.

G

I have an iPad 2 that I quickly supplemented with the Logitech ZAGG aluminum wireless keyboard after purchase. I strongly disagree with the notion that a NetBook comes anywhere near the versatility and power of an iPad + keyboard. This iPad with 3G has completely replaced any need for a laptop for my wife and I. It has the additional added benefit of in car entertainment with a headrest case. Try doing that with a NetBook. In flight entertainment? Nothing beats the instant on of an iPad and the ZAGG keyboard makes a great, steady stand with a nice viewing angle.

jfby

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
"For those who are interested, availability is expected later this month in U.S and Europe and priced at $99.99. However, I can't help but think that most people who have purchased an iPad were content that it had no keyboard, and those who were not and didn't buy one bought a netbook instead."

Really? This is Apple we are talking about. People who want an iPad buy it regardless of what functionality they really need. They worry about keyboards or whatever else down the road.

G

My wife has had one of these for a couple of months now through her company. It is nice for it's function; they handed out ipads to replace blackberries and their aging tiny laptops. They now have PC's for document creation in the office and ipads for email and light work on the go. The case is sturdy, the keyboard is effective, and overall it is a nice little niche product.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
I feel really guilty for really liking my iPad. I mean it's made by Apple and I keep hearing here that it's iCrap. I feel guilty that I prefer it to the Transformer Primes I had.

Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.