Logitech X-240 vs. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

CJohnson

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2010
I know that the Klipsch are much higher quality, but what are the main differences that I'll notice? I'm in slow process of building a nice computer, so I want some nice speakers. I currently have the X-240s and I've heard that the ProMedias are the best 2.1 speakers out there for the money. Thanks in advance

Well, they are both tiny little overpriced speakers, so it depends on which one sounds best to you. For little speakers, there is not a huge difference in sound quality. If you want real hi fi speakers, all tiny speakers are eliminated from the choice.
Bigger speakers sound much better, but cost more.

CJohnson

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2010
Yes, I know. I've done a lot of research. I can't afford, nor do I want bookshelf speakers or really anything that needs an amp. I know that it is "much better than smaller speakers", but I just don't have $600 to blow on a sound system. Please do not slam my question for no reason.

CJohnson

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2010
Well, I decided to take your advice. My dad had some old JBL 2500's lying around and an ancient Sony TA-F30 amp.. I must say, it does sound great, even with old components. It looks good on my desk as well.