Logitech Z607 + Xbox: Subwoofer Not Working in 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

benltan

Prominent
Jan 24, 2018
Hi All

I hope someone might be able to help.

I recently bought the Logitech Z607 5.1 Surround Sound system. I have my Xbox connected by S/PDIF to a digital audio converter and from there to the speakers by RCA. I'm using Plex to play movies which have 5.1 audio.

When in 5.1 mode, I get sound as expected from the centre, front and rear speakers, but there is no bass from the subwoofer. However, when I switch to 2.1 the subwoofer kicks in, so I don't think there is anything wrong with the speakers. When I'm watching movies with 2.1/stereo audio, the sound is great!

My Xbox audio out is set to Optical Bitstream and it doesn't seem to make any difference if it's set to either Dolby Digital or DTS Surround Sound.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this to work? It's not as if movies are unwatchable without the subwoofer, but I'm not getting the experience I wanted/paid for. Alternatively, I could give up and just connect the speakers to the headphone socket on the TV and get a virtual surround, which is pretty decent with these speakers!

Many thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.