Logitech Z623 right speaker playing faint sound but left speaker & sub working fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazy7

Commendable
Oct 21, 2016
My Logitech Z623 system plays sound fine (and I can change volume ok) through the LHS speaker and sub. But the RHS speaker only plays at a very faint volume and this doesn't change when I alter the volume.

I've pulled the RHS speaker casing off to have a look for anything obvious, but nothing stands out to me (ie. all connections to the board and to the speaker look to be fine to my untrained eye).

I'm a newbie to electronics, can anyone tell me what I might look for or know what the issue might be?

Thanks,
Chris.

Solution
Update: I tried plugging the speakers into my phone and voila! the speakers worked fine. So it's not the speakers that are the issue, it's the line out socket on the back of the PC. I then plugged into a different socket and they work fine :)

hazy7

Commendable
Oct 21, 2016
So you mean the plug that goes into the PC? It doesn't look like it will unscrew...it's the moulded type plug.

hazy7

Commendable
Oct 21, 2016
Update: I tried plugging the speakers into my phone and voila! the speakers worked fine. So it's not the speakers that are the issue, it's the line out socket on the back of the PC. I then plugged into a different socket and they work fine :)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.