Logitech Z623 vs Klipsch Promedia 2.1 gaming first, music second

Kisianik

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013
As the title ask.
I have Creative Sound Blaster Z, Logitech G51 died 10 hours ago after at least 6-8 years of service..
I know this question was asked and answered a thousand times, and I read tons of reviews for both sets, however I noticed that majority of Klipsch owners were saying that they own their sets for a long time, and I noticed that newer versions are falling like crazy - quality went down a lot, and this concerns me a lot.
I want the best of those 2, including considerations for longevity, not just audio quality when brand new.
As I stated, Logitech survived for a long time, and if I was not moving, it could last a bit longer, I guess.
Some convenience also a factor, as Klipsch has no turn of switch, and bass regulator on the back of subwoofer.
My sub will stay under the table, in hard to reach place, so all controls must be in front of me or very close.
My music interests include almost all kinds except classical, gaming, shooters only.

I am expecting Logitech vs Klipsch war here in terms of quality of the sound, but I would like to hear about quality of the plastic construction, like knob failures, sub-woofer issues and such.

It would not do any good for me to have an excellent audio for only 6 months or so and problems after this.
Klipsch has 1 year and Logitech has 2 year warranties, have someone had issues after warranty expired, how corresponding manufacturer dealt with this.... And similar questions.
And let assume that the price is the same.

Any suggestions are appreciated
Thanks in advance.

P.S. I can use only brick and mortar stores like Frys and bestBuy, no online shooping unfortunately, that is why I am looking at those 2 units.

Edit. Title messed up Z623 not Z23

RunLuke

Estimable
Dec 8, 2014
Based on absolutely no knowledge about Klipsch at all, in my experience Logitech is quality and just lasts and lasts and lasts. I bought my G35 a launch, works still, the faux leather is worn off the earpieces but that's no issue (for me). My G27 stille works, it's about 3 or 4 years old.

Lag

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
The Klipsch wins, no contest. The Z623s require a lot of tweaking out of the box to sound decent. The bass is pretty muddy as well, and it also affects the mids. This is the main reason I went with my Corsair SP2500 over the Z623. From what I have read, the Promedias are one of the best 2.1 PC speakers there is for the price. Also, the failure rate of the Z623 seems pretty high, my buddys unit lasted about a year before the monitors went bad, and I have seen a lot of complaints about this around the web.

Kisianik

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013
Ha, headsets, I still have Creative Fatality (I like volume control on the wire, with a mic mute) headset for the past at least 5 years (played BF 2 with this) if not more, all leather from headphones is disappeared, but still working as new...
Everything getting cheaper now, unfortunately, at least in lower price categories.

Kisianik

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013

Corsair is almost $100 more, I looked at it already, too much, plus huge sub.

my buddys unit lasted about a year before the monitors went bad

What you mean by monitors? Speakers?
Klipsch sub is falling fast, at least for new model versions. MyG51 speakers still good, but sub's one channel died.

Lag

Distinguished
May 30, 2010

I mean the speakers, yes. Well, the Klipsch still beats the Z623 in audio quality as well as build quality. Can't you demo them both since you are going to purchase them from a store?

Kisianik

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013
Well, here what I got from multiple reviews so far.
Klipsch - audiophile oriented, with sound separated by channels, so to speak, nice for acoustic music listening. Like listening for the orchestra and knowing all instruments playing. Unfortunately, I played piano in my young adulthood, so I know what it means more than I can explain, but it is not my first priority, plus having not bad audio card can equalize huge differences.
Logitech - more robust sound, great for shooter games, where grenade boom is really sounds like grenade boom, not like Rammstain concert (Metallica, Corn, you name it) where you want to hear all tunes of the boom, here Klipsch is a top notch., no questions. If I did not see Klipsch multiple quality issues, it would be an easy choice.
That is going to be tough decision, so far, unless someone from Logitech fans will help me to turn the scale. Yes, I want Logitech, but the sound promises of Klipsch keep me in doubts.
Now it is getting more about longevity, and longevity of a sub, as I reviewer from Amazon noted that Klipsch sub lost some measurable weight, which means that corners were cut, more light plastic (less reliable) was used and so on. That what stops me from an easy choice.