Logtech Z906 Setup

willogio

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
Today I purchased the Logitech Z906 sound system. I'm trying to use it with my computer however I can't get it to work, this is my first sound system so I am a noob and I require help. It says on their website that only some motherboards will be compatible, am I fine with an Asus M5A97 R2.0, or do I need to purchase an additional sound card? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

willogio

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
There's an orange and black one too, I've already tried it and it doesn't work. I know they didn't come DOA because when I turn the mixer up to its max volume I can hear frequency-like sound.

willogio

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
I tried plugging in all the cords connected to the sub woofer. This is what my Realtek Audio Manager looks like http://prntscr.com/705enh Here is what my sound devices looks like http://prntscr.com/705f3j forgive me if I'm missing something obvious. I also talked to a close friend who has the same set of speakers and he said there is also a grey cord that goes with the green black and orange bunch that plugs into your motherboard, am I missing that?

willogio

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013

I have the drivers installed, and I tried using all the colored cords still doesn't work.

it looks like you have your settings on pc right from what i can tell, speakers are set to default audio device, set to 5.1.

on the speaker page (second image) click on them , click test. you get nothing correct?

if so, i'd try to reinstall your sound drivers first then restart

its simple i know but make sure you have everything hooked up correctly on the speaker and that its plugged in and turned on. also check the volume knob there, and in windows

grey cord? he could be talking about spdif optical i suppose but you dont need that. 3x3.5mm are all you need.

---

addition:

while we are at it... try manually testing that the speakers work by hooking the green cable up to another device (phone mp3 player etc). you should get sound.

willogio

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
I just downloaded the latest realtek audio drivers and the problem still persists, however I plugged the green cord into my phone and it works flawlessly, great audio quality, the whole package. Could my motherboard's back panel audio be the issue? Should I purchase a new Motherboard?

willogio

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
I don't see how my motherboard wouldn't be the problem, but if you say so I'm glad I don't have to shell out another hundred dollars or so. Anyways, I've read through the manual and still nothing seems to solve my problem.