Looking for a backup application for multiple pcs

TechGuyAlabama

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
We have over 10 virtual machines that has data on them that we would like to back up to a dedicated server. All of these are on the internet and have high speed connections so speed isn't an issue.

I'd like to back up the data to the 'backup server' from these other machines. I already backup the virtual machine weekly but I'd like to back up the data on them nightly.

I tried CrashPlan's software but it encrypts the data on the backup computer and I'd rather have direct access to it.

I'd prefer freeware if possible but I'm willing to pay if the price is reasonable.

Anyone have any reliable suggestions?

Solution
You can install most any backup software into a VM and have it backup to the server. What do you mean by direct access? Most backup files are binary, not plain text files. Most backup software allows encryption, but even without it, it most likely won't be human readable.

TechGuyAlabama

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
Isn't that specifically for backing up virtual machines? I am looking to backup some data on each virtual machine, not the whole machine itself.

I need software that will copy data from one computer to another

Hawkeye22

Distinguished
You can install most any backup software into a VM and have it backup to the server. What do you mean by direct access? Most backup files are binary, not plain text files. Most backup software allows encryption, but even without it, it most likely won't be human readable.

Solution