B Deschaine

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017
My wife is looking for a video camera to take videos of Card making and Scrap-booking demonstrations. most footage looking down at a work station from above where should I start looking

Solution
What is the most you are willing to spend for this camcorder? Do you have a preference between a viewfinder and LCD screen? I only ask because most of the lower priced camcorders come with an LCD screen only and no viewfinder. If the option to recorder audio using an external microphone is essential then you will have to pay a little more but worth it.

Under $200
Canon 32GB VIXIA HF R62 Full HD $159.00 (refurbished camcorder with no view finder)
Sony HDR-CX405 $178.00 (On sale - suggest retail is $228.00)

$200 - $250
Sony HDR-CX440 $248.00 on sale
Canon VIXIA HFR800 $249.99 (has microphone and headphone jacks)

Investing in a good tripod would be a good idea as well. Canons generally perform better in low-light situations than...
What is the most you are willing to spend for this camcorder? Do you have a preference between a viewfinder and LCD screen? I only ask because most of the lower priced camcorders come with an LCD screen only and no viewfinder. If the option to recorder audio using an external microphone is essential then you will have to pay a little more but worth it.

Under $200
Canon 32GB VIXIA HF R62 Full HD $159.00 (refurbished camcorder with no view finder)
Sony HDR-CX405 $178.00 (On sale - suggest retail is $228.00)

$200 - $250
Sony HDR-CX440 $248.00 on sale
Canon VIXIA HFR800 $249.99 (has microphone and headphone jacks)

Investing in a good tripod would be a good idea as well. Canons generally perform better in low-light situations than Sonys. Good lighting will be critical.

Solution