looking for a cheap laptop for games like minecraft, stalker series, fallout out series

ankur172004

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
hello, I need a laptop cheapest as possible, to be used when i am travelling.. it should be able to do things lag free.. gaming or other wise. I have a gigabyte q2006 netbook which cant even run 1080p movies.. so decided to give it to sister and buy a new one for me.. I have a desktop, which is my primary vehicle.. anything heavy will be done in that..

I would use this laptop for animation work 2d (toon boom) or may be in learning blender..

However, I would also play games like minecraft (high settings), stalker series, fallout series.. if it can run something crysis 3 or farcry 4 at lowest setting at 720p, i would be highly satisfied, not that i am going to play these two. only minecraft will be played in high settings.. others at low settings will do.

battery should give atleast 3 hours of backup while watching movies and other low intensity work.

budget: below 25000 rupees (450$).... but i will take it if my requirements are fulfilled at rs 20000. (180$) :D . and it should be available in india.. i know its hard to get good things cheap, but spending anything like Rs 20000 for 3 years of service, is a big thing for me.

i dont have anything specific laptop in mind, as i dont have much idea about laptop processors and graphics.. but this one should be good to start with (cheapest) or is it?

http://

thanks to all in advance for your replies... and sorry for a confusing post.

Thread moved to the Laptop's General Discussion section.
Lutfij

Lutfij

Splendid
Unfortunately you have a couple of conflicting requirements from your laptop purchase. You should forgo putting gaming duties such as Crysis 3 or the likes on a mobile computing device unless you're shelling out on a laptop that is meant for gaming duties like the ones seen under Asus's ROG lineup. That being said, you forgot to include the site from which you'd like to purchase your laptop so as to help us sift through various SKU's/model that are in offer in your locality.

Sadly, snapdeal's portal isn't available for me to access while the info you've provided seems to shed some discrepancy, 20,000Rp does not equal to $450US. While the $180US does't look like you're going to get a gaming grade laptop outside of a refurbished unit, older gen tech or second hand.

In any case, have a look through this short list:
http://www.newegg.com/global/in/Gaming-Laptops/SubCategory/ID-3365?Tid=208702

In case we've gotten off on the wrong foot, please read through this post and provide the necessary details for the rest of the community to pass on a suggestion.

ankur172004

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
What is your budget?

RS: 25000 (RS 66=1$)

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

Does not matter

3. What screen resolution do you want?

720p

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Portable for traveling.. Have desktop for heavy use

5. How much battery life do you need?

4-8 hrs the higher the better when watching movies or word, excel, etc

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Mine craft- high if possible highest.
Civilization v- medium
Call of duty (upto mordern warefare 1)- low
FIFA 13- medium

Fallout series- low
Stalker series- low

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Animation softs like toon boom

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

Doesn't matter

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

Flipkart.com , snapdeal.com , Amazon.in

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

As long as I am or it is.. Alive

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

Doesn't matter

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Dell, lenovo

13. What country do you live in?

India

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Want cheapest, if possible, one which can do those without lags on low settings.. And last for a good time..

Thank you