Looking for a device to...

jrgray93

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
Switch between RCA outputs using a single input. All I can find are switches for multiple inputs and a single output. I need multiple outs from a single source.

The setup is to have four speakers; two on the left (front L/R while looking at main screen), and two on the right. This is on an "L" desk. The two left will function as L/R in normal use, but when the switch is flipped, they will both be lefts and the two on the right will kick in as rights for center screen use. I already have all of the equipment I need to actually get these speakers plugged into the right jacks, but I can't find any switchers that will allow me to do what I need to do. I even have a distribution amp, but it doesn't appear to have an option to switch between outputs. It's all or none.

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: So, are RCA switches not actually dependent on direction? So I could use the ins as outs on any given RCA switch?

Solution
"they will both be lefts and the two on the right will kick in as rights for center screen use." I thought you meant a center channel. A center channel is nice to have especially for movies and games. IMHO, the most important channel for movies.

You could do a 1 left, 2 centers and 1 right plus the subs of course. Nice computer by the way but have you bought the speakers yet? They kinda look like crap but then again I haven't heard them or even heard of them. I'm not flaming but I'm somewhat of an audiophile for 30 plus years that doesn't have a problem with inexpensive equipment. That is why I recommended the Daytons because I have heard them and they are great for the price.
Too bad they aren't on sale ATM. They were $50 bucks for...

jrgray93

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012

Two sets of these

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0056BPUQC/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Various RCA splitters (2-1, both m-f and f-m)

RCA 1-1:m-m cables.

Just cancelled my order of Cable Electronics Labs AV 400 Prograde Composite A/V Distribution Amplifier, since I have just now read that switches can be used in reverse. I think my problem is solved for now, unless you have more info :D

jrgray93

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012

How do you figure? I have no center speakers; it's just a 2.1 channel setup.

Here's a drawing of what I'm trying to do, just note that I left out marking the orange / blue as needing a splitter, but I have them.

"they will both be lefts and the two on the right will kick in as rights for center screen use." I thought you meant a center channel. A center channel is nice to have especially for movies and games. IMHO, the most important channel for movies.

You could do a 1 left, 2 centers and 1 right plus the subs of course. Nice computer by the way but have you bought the speakers yet? They kinda look like crap but then again I haven't heard them or even heard of them. I'm not flaming but I'm somewhat of an audiophile for 30 plus years that doesn't have a problem with inexpensive equipment. That is why I recommended the Daytons because I have heard them and they are great for the price.
Too bad they aren't on sale ATM. They were $50 bucks for the pair and 80.00 for a sub, that would blow away those Genius.

Happy listening, the Prisoner...

Solution

jrgray93

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012

Thanks. They're actually pretty decent. I'm not as big on audio as you or many others are, but they sound pretty good to me. I bought them based on reviews / price and have had a single set for many months now. I figured you couldn't go wrong with such praise and an included sub, even a small one. I'm really happy with them.