Looking for a Dslr

G

Hello,

I am looking to buy a DSLR. THe features im looking for is very good zoom, optical zoom and image stabiliser as well as video recorder. I just like to take pictures, I travel a lot and want to capture everything beautiful thing the WAY I SEE IT!I also want long battery life.! this will be my first digital camera and there are so many out there, its confusing. I just want to be able to zoom in and have it as if i was really that near to the picture. I want clear pics and of course very quality pics. I am looking to pay around £500-£600. Please suggest a good one for me.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
At the introductory level there really isn't much of a difference among brands.

The two perennial choices are Canon and Nikon. They are "safe" because of the large user community as well as the robust lens/accessories selection.

Sony is close third contender with strong selection of lenses and accessories. They also tend to offer better features for the price, but their dSLRs are a bit different form Canon/Nikon. You should visit a big-box store or Sony Store to see if you like them.

Pentax is usually not mentioned but I think they offer the best bang for the buck. Their entry-level bodies have features that are reserved for mid-tier Canon/Nikon bodies. The only downfall is the smaller selection of third party accessories.

G

Thank you very much. I actually bought d3100 18 55 II kit. What do you guys think about that? is the battery life good on this and everything else that I mentioned above?

:)

G

Also do you think i can trust Amazon? The camera I am looking is dispatched and sold by amazon