carmel39

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
i wiped my hard drive clean and shut down incorrectly ,now i cant get it to start up at all doesnt do any thing after safemode have tried everything end up black screen and cursor any help please

sharkbyte5150

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
If you wiped your hard drive, you no longer can boot into anything but BIOS. You should be getting an error like "missing operating system". If you have a Windows disc, you need to have it loaded on DVD drive and hit a key when it says "press any key to boot from CD" and it will take you through the install process. Why did you wipe the drive?

sharkbyte5150

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
Try booting up and keep pressing F8 key until you get a boot menu and choose system restore if there is such an option. What version of Windows were you running (XP/Win7, etc.)?

Do you know anyone else who has a computer who could connect your hard drive to theirs to see if it's really wiped clean? Maybe something's just wrong with the boot process?

Is your PC a store-bought system like a Dell or HP? Did it come with a restore disc? You can try to boot with that disc in drive.

What were you doing when you got the feeling it was wiped?

carmel39

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013

I formatted it not great with laptops ,have tried to restore it with the disk it came with but cant do that either ,its a toshiba wins 7 ,was having problems with it read ,somewhere to format it ,did this and got it working was a bit slow shut it down the wrong way now cant do much with thanks for replying ,

g-unit1111

Distinguished

Are you getting any error messages associated with rebooting your laptop?

carmel39

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013

no error messages ,have tried safe mode with command prompt ,put in recovery disk still nothing is there any command i can try have tried alot already ,just says drive not found ?

g-unit1111

Distinguished

Try going into the BIOS and see if the drive is detected there. If not there's probably something wrong with the drive itself.

carmel39

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013

bios is detected the drive dont know what else to do have tried alot of things thanks for reply