Looking for a new Laptop, any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony82093

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
My brother is looking to get a laptop for his girlfriend for Christmas, and asked what kind I have. I got

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LD4MGY4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

About a year ago, but with how computers are I'm sure there is a faster, and cheaper one out now. Considering it's still about the same price. Does anyone know of a more resent laptop that's a bit similar? Like, a bit cheaper(or the same or even more costly if it's a bit faster or more powerful!)?

I think it's mainly for entertainment. Like surfing the web, maybe play around with photos and use photo-shop.(I know she does camera stuff). But also might play a bit with games and what not.

But on a side note, the laptop I posted has a GeForce 940MX, not the most powerful, but I was told it's not to bad. But in the bottom right corner of the screen it says the card is "Inactive". Does that mean it'll just activate whenever the Laptop feels it needs the cards power? Or do you have to manually activate it? I've played a bit on it, nothing very GPU extensive so I've never seen it activate or anything. Just figured I'd ask about it since I was unsure.

Thanks again for any and all info, and opinions!

Solution
I bought a sager laptop three years ago that is great. I remember talking to the sales guy on the phone who helped tremendously. I spoke to him again a year ago (the same person) about a tech support issue and he was just as helpful. Great company and great product. Gaming laptop.

justinj

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
I bought a sager laptop three years ago that is great. I remember talking to the sales guy on the phone who helped tremendously. I spoke to him again a year ago (the same person) about a tech support issue and he was just as helpful. Great company and great product. Gaming laptop.

Solution

Anthony82093

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012

I'll look into those, thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.