Looking for a really cheap laptop for school

Louis_126

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
I'm looking to buy a used laptop under 150 right now. I need it for basic school work and the occasional counter strike match. Only thing I want is a 1080p display.

Solution
There are options that are mediocre/bad at gaming, but not impossible to game on so long as you're willing to forego that 1080p screen. If you want it for basic school work, maybe a desktop would do? You can find an old Core 2 Desktop, drop a $100 graphics card in it, and it will do everything you need quite well.

If it must be a laptop, your best hope is craigslist to find a 4-year-old light gaming laptop. What city are you in?
D

Deleted member 217926

I'd adjust your expectations. A used 1080p laptop capable of running games isn't going to be found that cheap I don't believe.

Cam P

Estimable
May 16, 2015
You might have luck buying used on eBay, but I don't know about Counter strike. I couldn't even reliably run it 1080p on Intel HD Graphics 530 (i5-6600K). A dedicated GPU would be necessary for gaming.

dalauder

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
There are options that are mediocre/bad at gaming, but not impossible to game on so long as you're willing to forego that 1080p screen. If you want it for basic school work, maybe a desktop would do? You can find an old Core 2 Desktop, drop a $100 graphics card in it, and it will do everything you need quite well.

If it must be a laptop, your best hope is craigslist to find a 4-year-old light gaming laptop. What city are you in?

Solution