Looking for a Tablet

Gizmotist

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
I don't know where this question would go but here it is anyways.

I'm looking for a tablet on newegg (has to be there since i have a $50 gift card on there) thats good and reliable. Can you guys help me out on my search? Its my first tablet

Looking for:
atleast 1.2 GHz
1GB DDR3

Also no apple products, i hate them

Gizmotist

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
Galaxy specs suck compared to an ASUS Transform Pad, which is the same price as it on Newegg.

I was thinking about getting the Nexus 7, it had some pretty good specs and i saw some reviews on it.

game junky

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
What are you wanting to do on your tablet:

web browsing
watch videos
read e-books/magazines
play angry birds
send email w/ attachable keyboard

Also, what type of smart phone do you use? If you are familiar with Android, I would go with the ASUS Transformer Infinity - excellent screen, quality components, keyboard dock extends battery life and good OS. If you have a windows phone, it might be worth testing out the Surface RT. Regardless of what direction you want to go, I would go to a BestBuy to test out both products so you feel comfortable with the solution you choose.

Gizmotist

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
I'd like to have ease at web browsing, watching youtube, and playing games here and there (i dont play HD games all that much)

I use a HTC Merge. The Infinity and Surface RT both look amazing but there outside my max budget ($419 on Newegg, and $369 without Newegg)

game junky

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
I am a believer in spending the money once rather than having to upgrade all the time. Everybody is different - if your budget is firm, the Transformer Pad is from the same series of tablets - the biggest difference being the screen quality. As a movie fan, screen res is a huge issue for me. If it isn't a make or break point, then I would see if you can get your hands on one to test the weight and feel of the tablet. ASUS makes wonderful products.

I personally am looking forward to trying the Surface Pro next month (or whenever they release it - they haven't given a firm date yet). Win8 functionality in tablet form factor. If it does well, it's going to be my new toy.

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
I ordered the Lenovo IdeaPad A2109 (22901DU) 9-inch 16GB Tablet for $230, and UPS says it's out for delivery. It will be my first tablet. After studying specs and ratings, I selected this one, and am really looking forward to it.