Looking for Backup Software

Scorge120

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Hi,

I'm looking for recommendations for software to actively mirror an internal drive to my external hard drive when plugged in, but all software solutions seem to create an image rather than copy individual files documents. I want to be able to unplug my external hard drive and have up to date files and folders from my desktop with me if I'm away or using another computer.

I'm also looking for (ideally) the same piece of software, or another software that will also clone my main internal drive to another internal drive, so in the case I need to restore my operating systems and applications I can do that easily.

Do software exist that will perform both functions automatically? I'm new to this and have been manually doing backups for years, figure I'd like to automate it because it's getting tedious.

Here's a condensed version of what I'm looking to do:

E:\ (4TB internal media drive) -> backup files and folders to external drive F:\ to have up to date backups and access to individual files and folders (not an image).

C:\ (OS and apps) -> actively backup an image to internal drive D:\ if I need to restore the computer.

Thanks for taking a look.

Zach