Looking for Gaming Laptop Between Three brands (Asus, MSI, Alienware).

Sir Don Jailer

Estimable
Jul 16, 2015
Hi guys,

I'm new here and going to buy powerful gaming laptop but I got confused between the below laptops. They have almost the same specifications but different in prices. For any other options are welcome but my budget can't exceed $4000 USD.

The laptops that I have chosen as the following links;

ASUS ROG G751JY-DB73X $2,854.16
MSI Computer 18.4-Inch Laptop GT80 TITAN SLI-263 $3,699.00
Alienware 17 ANW17 17.3-Inch Full HD Gaming Laptop $3,449.00

Do you guys know which one is better & gonna be future proof?

Thank you

Solution

Greetings Sir Don:

We rarely see posters with this kind of cash to spend, so let me just catch my breath...

a) In this price range, it's very much a subjective...

nocry

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011
its very expensive man like crazy
this will be old so soon just 2 years
if i have money for buying i will not pass 1700 dollars
if u want power laptop
go for desktop cheaper and much better performance

Greetings Sir Don:

We rarely see posters with this kind of cash to spend, so let me just catch my breath...

a) In this price range, it's very much a subjective assessment - most of the basic requirements are more than covered by all three laptops, but the MSI is generally considered the most premium of the line-up in terms of build quality and built-in gaming features. With a 5th Gen i7 CPU, a 16 GB dual graphics setup, 24 GB of RAM and an 18.4-inch FHD screen it certainly makes a compelling case for itself. And it's definitely the one most likely to mark you out as a serious gamer, if that's important to you.
b) The ASUS ROG features an IPS screen that won't do anything for your gaming experience but will make it more useful for all other everyday activities. The 32 GB of SDRAM available is clearly its best selling point, but with "only" 4 GB of graphics, even at DDR5 speed, it seems almost mundane next to the MSI.
c) The Alienware packs a total of 2 TB of SSD storage which is insane! And with the "standard" 1 TB HDD it becomes almost surreal! But all that doesn't really matter with only 3 GB of graphics (less than the ASUS) making it only a decent gaming machine but with a crazy amount of storage.

If I had $4000 to spend, my instinct would be to get the MSI: there's an overall consistency to its specs that none of the others can match. However, on a more rational level, I'd probably end up buying the ASUS: it may seem the most "standard" laptop, but that makes it much more useful (to me) while still being able to play most (if not all) games available today. And I'd have $1,100 to spend on killer peripherals, such as a dedicated gaming keyboard/mouse combo and a great sound system. As for the Alienware: at the end of the day, what the heck am I supposed to do with this much storage??

Best of luck,
GreyCatz.

Solution

Sir Don Jailer

Estimable
Jul 16, 2015

Many thanks you for your advice. I thought about it and changed my mind and bought new desktop.
It cost me more than the above laptops around ($4981).

check the builds

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/J6kjMp

Thank you again.

James Rush

Estimable
Aug 3, 2015

I have to agree with GreyCatz exactly.... I actually have 2 of the MSI Titans... I own the MSI Titan GT80 263 with the new 5th gen I7 and 24 ram and SLI 980M (That's two of course lol) hands down best of the best, would beat the desktop I was going to build... The older MSI GT80 Titan is the 4th gen I7 and 16 ram, very close however one of my SSD cards went out for some reason and sent back to MSI to fix under warranty... I normally don't recommend buying the additional coverage but NEWEGG is and has one of the best... If they cant fix within 5 days then they refund all the cost of the coverage and they will also send off a new one to you if need be.... I also own the GE70 Ghost 17.3 inch with non SLI vid card but still great pc for the money.. Getting a real keyboard, yes Cherry and keys light up (talking about the MSI 18.3 inch HD screen) The GE70 MSI has a great keyboard but its still not like a real one, for me I like a real keyboard... yeah that's about 9k in computers but I have to have dependable computers not just because Im a game freak but I also trade stock options... If you have the money get the MSI GT80 Titan SLI 263 as you can upgrade very easily except for the Intel I7 but hey its the newest out so will last a good while... If you get from newegg get the 2 year accident etc fix, as it fixes even if you damage it... It comes in the bag with a carry case, heavy duty, It also comes with gel hand rest and external mouse pad and even a key chain... It plays everything now at max, and that's ALL GAMES NOW... have to say if you have the cash then the Titan is the one if not I would go with one of the other MSI's as they are one of the best IMO even the GE70 its much cheaper and still awesome on games etc...

TRENDING THREADS