Looking for Headphones that match my description $400

Rozzick109

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016
Comfortable
Leather feel earmuff ( Not a must, Just preferred )
7.1 surround sound
No microphone ( Or mic that slides into headset or is detachable )
$400 or less
Good for Gaming
Closed earphones
Wired or Wireless

I've looked for hours to find the perfect pair of headphones that match my description and I just can't... Help us out would ya guys :)

Solution
you will not find any hifi headphone with surround sound. all of them will be stereo.

want virtual surround sound? use software like razers or the suites found on some soundcards to add it. not a big deal to add this.

due to smaller soundstage closed headphones generally arent recommended as much for gaming but certainly can be used if you need sound isolation.

while you listed some requirements you have not said what kind of sound signature you want. did you want something light on bass for fps advantage? neutral? fun sounding with treble & bass?

dt770 has decent soundstage despite being closed. its v-shaped so its more bassy and treble focused with recessed mids which can be quite fun sounding. comfortable with nice big pads...
you will not find any hifi headphone with surround sound. all of them will be stereo.

want virtual surround sound? use software like razers or the suites found on some soundcards to add it. not a big deal to add this.

due to smaller soundstage closed headphones generally arent recommended as much for gaming but certainly can be used if you need sound isolation.

while you listed some requirements you have not said what kind of sound signature you want. did you want something light on bass for fps advantage? neutral? fun sounding with treble & bass?

dt770 has decent soundstage despite being closed. its v-shaped so its more bassy and treble focused with recessed mids which can be quite fun sounding. comfortable with nice big pads.

akg q701 is more bass light and generally more similar to the audiotechnica headphones (a500x, a700x, a900x). good choices if you do not want heavy bass. the audiotechnicas are easier to drive but you may or may not like the headband. the akgs can be picky on amps.

to get virtual surround you have a few options. products like the creative e5, using razers software along with an external dac/amp, using a soundcard (if you get easier to power headphones) or using a soundcard along with an external amp. something like the xonar dx + schiit magni or fiio e12 would be decent (magni is better). for some headphones the creative z is enough (not the akg and the dt770 its fair but not quite enough)

Solution