Looking for help about choosing speakers

Assovertits

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
Hi!
I have choosen all the parts for my crazy gaming build :)
But my left speaker on the logitech z-2300 have stoped working, and I'm looking for a 2.1 or 2 speaker setup for my computer. I will only use them to play music in my 12 m2 room. I'm NOT using them to play video games because I will use headphones for that. I listen to mostly old school hip hop, but I listen to all music sometimes. I'm not looking for a speaker setup that will blow my apartment up lol. But I want high quality sound and quiet loud.
What speaker setup do you guys think I should go with? :D

Yebol

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
if you liked your Logitech ones just buy another set of those if not then please may I have your budget to see :)

Assovertits

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013

my budget is about 700 dollars, and I'm not going to buy another set of logitch speakers

for a budget of $700 you can go with a nice set of bookshelf or tower speakers with an amplifier. you could pair a subwoofer up with the bookshelf speakers if you wanted depending on if you think you needed it but most likely not.

Assovertits

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013

Thanks for the respons :) the thing is that 700 dollars are my max and dont have to spend it all, I just want 2 speakers and mabe a bass (tho my room is cind of small only 12 m2 and I live in an apartment with my parents so they get kind of mad sometimes att the bass). The thing is that I dont know shit about audio. Please give me some answeres about some speakers and if I need an amp and things like that.

sorry to say but those speakers look like junk to me yebol. i wouldnt pay $500 for any 2.1 computer speaker system. if you look at a review it seems that the output isnt bad but its not worth the price.

you dont have to spend your entire budget. i only stated that you had the option of going with such a setup because of your larger budget.

honestly there is a broad range of prices and quality to components you can buy.

for instance you could get a pair of bookshelf speakers like these http://store.sony.com/p/SS-B1000/en/p/SSB1000 for $70/pair or these http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665089277 for $200/pair.

i can personally attest that the bass levels in the sony floorstanders are quite good and dont need a subwoofer. while perhaps not the best speakers in the world they will not break the bank.

you can get a stereo amplifier for $100-200.

of course you could get a better buy (i've seen amps for $60 and sony tower speakers for $110/pair) but just estimating high.

instead of an amp you could always get a cheap receiver if you plan on connecting up multiple inputs. for example you could connect your pc, consoles or other such devices up. a receiver also nets you an am/fm tuner and a few other options but for pc use only an amplifer would work perfectly fine and is cheaper (since it is simpler).

my setup is in a 12x14 room (3.5x4.2m) and inside i use a 450w sub, 5.0 satelite speaker set and receiver. it works out well however the sub is a bit overpowering so i keep it at medium or lower. satelite speakers are generally lower powered and are only good for mids and highs so you need a subwoofer. the larger bookshelf and tower speakers have subwoofers built in so a seperate sub is optional and not required. i went with a high quality set ($550 for just the 5.0 sat speakers) and even this is considered low end.

in general... home theater speakers will sound way better than pc speakers but you may have to spend a bit more to get them (but your budget of $700 is fine for this). i stepped up from pc speakers years ago and havent looked back.

there are other brands besides sony which you may want to look at but i'm not an audio guru. i've personally used the sony tower speakers so can say they are a great deal for the money but besides that i can only offer some general advice.

perhaps one of the resident audiophiles can help out on here if you choose to go the home theater speaker route and give you more choices.