Looking for help with my lights

Jun 22, 2018
My laptop HP A6 vision AMD has suddenly had some light functions not indicating. The capslock and network key lights doesn't come on again.
How can it be fixed?

Solution
I asked about updates as that can cause this. However, if the lights are the only issue, and it is otherwise working fine, personally I wouldn't worry about it.

To be sure about the updates first go into "Control Panel" and then "Updates" and check the update history. Should that show nothing, go into "Start" and then in the search box type "System Restore" (without the quotes) and check to see when the last restore point is dated for.

In both cases there can be an update in the background or when you are away from the computer and not know it occurred. Some updates to Windows 8 and also 10 have caused this lights issue. That is why I wanted to be sure.

If you are truly worried still, after all this, you can contact the...
I asked about updates as that can cause this. However, if the lights are the only issue, and it is otherwise working fine, personally I wouldn't worry about it.

To be sure about the updates first go into "Control Panel" and then "Updates" and check the update history. Should that show nothing, go into "Start" and then in the search box type "System Restore" (without the quotes) and check to see when the last restore point is dated for.

In both cases there can be an update in the background or when you are away from the computer and not know it occurred. Some updates to Windows 8 and also 10 have caused this lights issue. That is why I wanted to be sure.

If you are truly worried still, after all this, you can contact the manufacturer, if it is still under warranty, or try a local tech.

Solution