Question Looking for laptop recommendation for elementary student

Status
Not open for further replies.

CodeSlapper

Estimable
Feb 23, 2016
I'm looking for a laptop for an elementary school student. They will mainly watch videos, use office and browse the web. But, as they get older I want them to start doing some light programming with python, c, etc.

A 14" screen, at least a 128 ssd, 4 or 8 GB of RAM, Windows 10, Ethernet, and USB ports are needed. Also, I don't want the laptop to weigh too much so my daughter can't carry it around easily. Budget is under 250 and preferably under 200.

I was thinking of something like this, https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-T46...701234?hash=item2adff06972:g:I-8AAOSw0AxeLL3-. Is this an ok solution or can I more value elsewhere?

RolandJS

Estimable
Mar 10, 2017
Will your choice support 16GB RAM? For high-end programming, especially in design work. And, if schoolwork is being worked and stored on the laptop instead of the school cloud, a reliable affordable set of external USB HDDs for backups will be a great idea - at least consider it. :)

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
Will your choice support 16GB RAM? For high-end programming, especially in design work. And, if schoolwork is being worked and stored on the laptop instead of the school cloud, a reliable affordable set of external USB HDDs for backups will be a great idea - at least consider it. :)
I agree with RolandJS, Most laptops in your range don't support more than 8 Gig, many less. With that small a SSD, you better set it up to use external Flash drives, or better yet a USB External HDD caddy,cheap, and works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.