Looking for laptop suggestions(companies, preferred sizes, etc.)

Digi-kid

Estimable
Feb 18, 2014
Looking for a laptop - a gaming computer for power, 16gb with good hard drive space, good graphics card, and, if possible, good soundcards. WIlling to change up standards like going with a SSD or going down to 8gb. I would like to know good companies and other things. Budget around 1500$, preferably less so that with warranty it would come out to 1500$.

Falcon5850

Estimable
Feb 12, 2014

Wow, that is a great find. That blows away the power/price ratio I have on my laptop. I had no idea you could get those specs for that price. An equivalent spec'd alienware will run you $2700. That is a very powerful laptop. I would go for it.

Falcon5850

Estimable
Feb 12, 2014
thats is going to be tough, gaming laptops are super expensive. On your budget you wont be able to do SSD. Asus and Alienware have the good laptop GPU's Alienware is expensive, so the Asus may be your best bet. I have an Asus laptop with the Mobility 5870. It can handle most games on high settings, so a more modern Asus should be able to do it. You'll want to stay around 8 GB ram, and stay away from from SSD because that will blow your budget.

Digi-kid

Estimable
Feb 18, 2014

I might up the budget.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/fangbook-evo-17-3-laptop-16gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-120gb-solid-state-drive/1992042.p?id=1219068210629&skuId=1992042&st=pcmcat287600050003_categoryid$abcat0502000&cp=1&lp=4 And how about something like this?

Falcon5850

Estimable
Feb 12, 2014

Wow, that is a great find. That blows away the power/price ratio I have on my laptop. I had no idea you could get those specs for that price. An equivalent spec'd alienware will run you $2700. That is a very powerful laptop. I would go for it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JoostJoost Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 3
W Laptop Tech Support 3
2 Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 1