Looking for laptop under $400

The Hero of Orlais

Prominent
Jun 26, 2017
I'm a highschool student -software engineer-, last year, I bought Asus X555DG, but, that is the worst laptop ever, my friend have a much more powerful laptop with around the same price, and quiter too (able to play GTA V at around 40-60 fps, wth), my laptop is like = weak + loud, even when I open a light app, like a browser or something, the fan sometimes goes crazy, I just can't hold the embarrassment anymore

And the title says it all, I'm looking for a laptop that suitable for my kind of stuff, and able to play light gaming, like cs go, dota 2, or something like that, maybe $500 is okay too

Thanks For Your Help

Solution
What's the name of your friend's laptop? If it's around the same price (I assume this means $400) it seems to be the laptop you need.

At any rate, it's going to be refurbished and with $500 to spend there are tons of business and research machines available. Here's an HP Envy from Wal-Mart priced at $500:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Manufacturer-Refurbished-HP-Envy-15T-Q400-15-6-Laptop-Intel-i7-6700HQ-2-60GHz-8GB-1TB-Win10/543423872

This HP features a dual-core Skylake i7 and a 2GB 820M GPU so you should be in the clear as far as DotA II and CS:GO are concerned.

Note: User reviews are a bit of a mixed bag, and you should probably try and contact the seller to check if he's up to the task. Even if you have 'twist' his arm, this HP is...
What's the name of your friend's laptop? If it's around the same price (I assume this means $400) it seems to be the laptop you need.

At any rate, it's going to be refurbished and with $500 to spend there are tons of business and research machines available. Here's an HP Envy from Wal-Mart priced at $500:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Manufacturer-Refurbished-HP-Envy-15T-Q400-15-6-Laptop-Intel-i7-6700HQ-2-60GHz-8GB-1TB-Win10/543423872

This HP features a dual-core Skylake i7 and a 2GB 820M GPU so you should be in the clear as far as DotA II and CS:GO are concerned.

Note: User reviews are a bit of a mixed bag, and you should probably try and contact the seller to check if he's up to the task. Even if you have 'twist' his arm, this HP is definitely worth it.

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

Solution