Looking for my first camera (amateur)

G

Hello

I'm turning 16 this February and looking for my first camera so this means I will be on a tight budget of £170 as I may not see this through but I'm extremely enthusiastic about this as I love photography and Videography‎ .

I'm looking for the small ones I think compact ? something like a bridge I'm guessing easy to use or to get to use and something in the last few years .

Thank you

Solution

For that price, you have two options:
1) If you are VERY serious about photography, you can get a used film camera off ebay/local shop. It will be difficult, but rewarding in it's own way.
2) Get a cheap point and shoot like the canon elph series. You will grow out of it very quickly if you are serious about it, but it's good enough to...

For that price, you have two options:
1) If you are VERY serious about photography, you can get a used film camera off ebay/local shop. It will be difficult, but rewarding in it's own way.
2) Get a cheap point and shoot like the canon elph series. You will grow out of it very quickly if you are serious about it, but it's good enough to learn composition, lighting, etc.

The other "option" is to wait until you have about 4x that and get something like a rebel ti model.

Solution