Looking for nice headphones

infiniti029

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2003
I'm looking to purchase a nice pair of headphones. They're mainly for listening to music and gaming. Some cans that I have been looking at are the Sony MDRs, Bose Triport, and Sennheisers. The price range i'm looking at is around 40-130$. I've only heard good things from Sennheiser, but I don't like how big they are. And with soooo many different kinds in many different price ranges from Sennhsier i'm clueless as to how much the quality of each will differ. Basically, i'm looking for something that's not too big, will be comfortable for long periods of time, and not overpriced.

BunnyStroker

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
The Sony MDR-7506 is what I listen too. I like them a lot, and they tend to get good reviews on the <A HREF="http://www.headwize.com" target="_new">headwize forums</A>. They cost around ~$100.

They are fairly compact. I do find them a bit tight - after several hours of listening my ears are a bit tired. Nothing major though. If you have an unusually wide head, try before you buy.

Read those headwize forums for some good reviews of some Sennheiser models too.

<b>1.4 Ghz AMD T-Bird underclocked to 1 Ghz...just to be safe!</b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by BunnyStroker on 01/18/04 08:21 PM.</EM></FONT></P>