Looking for Partition Software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuomynonA991

Estimable
Feb 12, 2015
Hello.

I'm looking for Partition software, and I found MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition. Is this software fully trustable.

Or do you reccommend better alternatives?

timemachine

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013
MODERATOR NOTE: This post is believed to be spam, and should not be trusted.

what is the credible source? I also find their software reviewed by PCWORLD, PC Magazine,Softpedia,CNET,PC Advisor wikipedia and etc..

liangwong5

Commendable
May 16, 2016

yeah , MiniTool Partition Wizard is great . but if you wanna full to use Partition tools , you can try to PartitionWizard , EaseUS Partition Master , Paragon Partition Manager . ALSO ,you can get more nice software by Searching on Goolge.

Oh look, the spambots are here already.

I would consider a 'credible source' to be someone like the editorial team of PCWorld, CNET, Tom's Hardware etc - not someone on their forums, and not sponsored articles. Wikipedia is right out. If you are looking at forums, trust bad reviews from anyone, and good reviews only from those with a few thousand posts.

timemachine

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013

follow your step, I have checked the review, On Pcworld, it was reviewed by Jon L. Jacobi a Freelance Writer on PCWORLD, you could check here and this is not a sponsored article, On CNET, it was reviewed by CNET editorial team, you could check here. On TOM'S Hardware, some hot users also refer to this software to help others to solve their partition problem, like :popatim (one of the Moderator) on this topic "Weird and annoying HDD problems"

timemachine

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013

how about the previous answer by Hlsgsz, it's just a link without any description and it is a "marketing tool" like MiniTool . Although, all of these partition software are not the open source tool like Gparted, their free versions are easier for users to solve most disk partition problems. Gparted is a powerful partition manager, I like it either, however, for most common users, it is hard to handle, the GUI has become outmoded. Windows snap-in tool -disk management and disk part, there are too many limitations.

I'm halfway of the opinion that EaseUS and Minitool are the same company... they're always mentioned in the same spam posts, along with a couple of others. Would hardly be the first time.

The free version of EaseUS doesn't support resizing dynamic disks or cloning partitions/disk. Both of those are very useful functions. They also slap disk size limits on it.

Hlsgsz

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016

Wow, easy there! I'm not pimping anything here. Just answered the mans question as i find Gparted to be a little heavy for a "normal" user. And yes, I wouldn't support companies that use spam as a marketing tool either so if you know that easeus does this please inform me so i don;t make the mistake of helping them.

I'm not saying you're a spammer - you're barely there on the 'might be a spammer' scale. There was another post in this thread that mentioned five different partition tools (including Minitool and EaseUS), which is practically the same as thousands of other similar spam posts all over the site. I've restored it so you can see it.

Hlsgsz

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016

Hmm. Didn't know the situation was so laughable with free partition software since i use a paid solution. I guess i'll refrain from such recommendations.

timemachine

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013

they are not the same company, i think they are competitors, both of the free version could not support dynamic disk, maybe, they consider that the dynamic disk is hard for common users, but MiniTool free edition support clone partitions/disks. BTW, the software which you treated as "spam" are listed in the free APP thread

Status
Not open for further replies.