Looking for Ultrabook with GPU and Windows ink support.

pandaturtle64

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
Hi all,
Currently looking for a 15" ultrabook to replace my aging poorly specced MacBook Pro.
Looking for an ultrabook with

• Minimum of a 1440P screen
    good battery 6hrs+
    good GPU (GTX 1050 is preferable)
    minimum 512GB SSD
    minimum 8GB RAM
    i5 or i7 processors are preferable
    $2000 budget
as well as one with great build quality/nice design.

I plan to use this in class for note taking (thus needs to be compatible with windows ink) and for occasional video editing/rendering/ and gaming (thus wanting a 1050 if possible)
Was looking at the Microsoft Surface Book and HP x360 Spectre 15, both had great design but both had weak GPUs, the Lenovo Yoga 720 was another candidate that had very good specs but the design was not to my liking.

Thank you.

Poozle

Estimable
May 9, 2015
I would wait, see if MAX-Q design makes it to the surface book. I am waiting for that. No GPU will be more powerful than a 965m (or rather its TDP) in that small of a chassis. Question is, do you have the time and cash to blow on that device?

pandaturtle64

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013

Yeah I was thinking about the new surface book, I suspect it would come out later this year around fall. I'm okay with waiting out but would like to find out possible options that are out now. I was hoping that the spectre line would get updated with the max-q line or possibly something like a lower powered 1040 but I'd expect for laptops like that to come around sometime mid next year. My budget is around $2000. I feel like right now is a bad time to buy a laptop haha.