Looking for Windows 8 tablet w/ 3G/4G with gaming capabilities.

noblige

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
Before we start, I know the limitations of a tablet and that it will not run anything on maximum, I just want to play some fun mmorpgs/low(er) end games with decent FPS. Thanks guys!

1. Is This Your First Time Buying A Tablet? Yes / No.
-Yes

2. Do you already have an operating system in mind? If so specify (iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, Windows RT, Windows 8, etc)
-Windows 8 (Non RT)

3. What screen size do you have in mind? And your preferred resolution (not required but helps)?
-None

4. Preferred Brand(s) - (ex. Microsoft, Samsung, Asus, Apple)
-None

5. Brands Not Preferred (specify why) (ex. Hannspree, Acer, etc.)
-Not HP, terrible history

6. How much do you want to spend on your tablet?
-Under $1000 (unless there isn't anything for that low)

7. Do you have cellular service? Or do you want the tablet to be WiFi only?
-AT&T cellular service

8. If you do have cellular service, who is your provider and how much data are you allowed per month?
-Not negotiated yet

9. Do you want the tablet to be a full laptop replacement?
-Somewhat

10. What existing apps do you use? What do you intend to do with this tablet?
-Steam/Basic Gaming

Was wondering if you guys could help pick out a windows tablet for under $1000 if possible, with 3g/4g compatability. No RT of course, and if possible I'm looking to play some basic steam games like Killing Floor on it, or some MMORPGs.

Solution
Yeah, I should say of the higher end (non-Atom) I didn't see the mobile broadband option, LOL.

There's a Samsung tablet on Amazon with an i5 and 4g for $1659.

SchizTech

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
I'm not aware of any Windows 8 or RT tablets with 4G unfortunately, and of the W8 tablets under $1k there wasn't anything with 3g available, Windows 8 tablets (as opposed to RT) tend to be priced more like ultrabooks, so the 3g equipped ones are probably more expensive.

noblige

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
Maybe I can be more flexible with the price and move it up. The Dell Latitude 10 comes with Windows 8 (non RT), 3g, 4g, but unfortunately the graphics chip on that thing was pretty pathetic, so that had to be turned down. For business purposes and for its price though it would be a good buy, unfortunately not for my purposes.

noblige

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013

Lol thanks for the help so far, maybe you can paste a link of that in case the price drops within the next year or so? :)

noblige

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013

Oh that sounds nice, what's a 4G dongle though? Lol :x Is it AT&T compatible? If so, can you link a good one? Thanks!

g-unit1111

Distinguished

Yeah you're not going to find one especially on AT&T. Only tablet with Windows 8 unfortunately runs RT and that's the Nokia Lumia 2520, and I think right now only Verizon carries it. Best would be to get a Surface Pro and then pair it with one of those wireless hot spot routers.r

thdarkshadow

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013

something like this:

https://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/devices/usbconnect-momentum-4g.jsp

just walk into an AT&T store and they should be able to fix you up

TRENDING THREADS