Looking to buy a new laptop

gpchamp90

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
Hey guys!!! I am looking to buy a new laptop and will probably buy one this Thanksgiving.
I am a student who has to do a lot of programming and I always used my home PC but since I will not be home for a while now, I have to buy a new laptop.

I am going to do a lot of programming on it. My budget is around 1100-1200$. I don't have any idea which brand to rely on. I am personally inclined to Lenovo or MSI right now.

I don't want too much of storage and an SSD should do fine. Around 8GB RAM. I am not sure about which processor but an Intel i5 should be good(no need for i7 processors I guess)

The weight is not an issue for me unless it's not too heavy. I prefer a Windows OS rather than OS X.

What is the best laptop I can get in this budget?
Oh... and if I get a gaming laptop in this budget the better. Although, the primary purpose is for programming and not gaming.

KenGrinsven

Estimable
Dec 15, 2014
Hi!
Within your budget I found:
MSI Gaming Series GE62 2QC-232NL

The keyboard is pretty nice to type on, which is nice for programming of course.
It has Plenty of power on board for some potential gaming :).
It has a SSD for some awesome boot times etc etc.
MSI tends to be a pretty reliable brand. The design is a little 'meh' on this one, in my opinion, but ah well.

gpchamp90

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010

It seems to be a nice one but it is a 'GAMING' laptop I guess. I am not interested primarily in gaming. I looked at some GIGABYTE laptops and they're pretty good as well. My focus is more on the processing and Application handling capabilities rather than gaming. I am not going to play games that often.

Thanks!!!