Looking to buy headphones, microphone and possible amp?!

kcun33

Estimable
Oct 2, 2015
Hi there, this is my first post, so be gentle with me! :na:
Thanks in advance!

I recently bought a sound board for my computer: the Creative Sound Blaster ZxR.
Firstly, i have so far only have good experience with the board, but i want a better experience! I crave more! (Astro a40 doesn't do it justice!)

I was hoping for some guidance/help towards selecting a great pair of headphones, a good quality microphone, and maybe an external amp/mixer?

Head-phones/-set:
This is mostly for gaming, i do prefer to be able to hear footsteps.
But then there's also the part of me, that just want's to listen to music. (i do love me some good music!) This goes all the way from: Pop, Electro, chillstep, rock, and alot of other sub-genres. (ex: Pendulum, CAZETTE, Foo Fighters, Skillet, Linkin Park, Usher, Frank Ocean, AC/DC and the list goes on!
- If needed, i can buy one for each purpose.

Microphone:
I've been searching the internet for clues, and i simply cannot decide, as i do not know what to look for. "one of the big ones" :pt1cable:
- Only brands i've heard of in these terms: Røde and Audio Technica.
(possibly something that doesn't catch the sound of my mechanical keyboard?)

Amp / Mixer:
I have no clue of what to look for here, as the mixer for my Astro headset doesn't seem to have any positive effect.
I'm looking for a kind of control panel, that works well, and is easy to manage. And if needed, something that can amp the mic and headphones i'm looking to buy aswell.

Price Range:
750 USD (5000 Danish Crowns), i can exeed this amount, but if there's no need, i would rather not.

Thank you in advance for your patience regarding this massive block of text, and my 2nd grade english. :D

Solution
Sennheiser's HD700 picks up footsteps extremely well and is one of the most comfortable headphones due to the large and thick pads and ergonomic design. It's treble really helps with hearing footsteps but for music, you may need to EQ it down a few decibels. Sounds in music and games will truely sound like they are around you instead of in your head due to it's open design and large soundstage.

Honestly the advice I can give you since you are spending that much on a headphone is to find a local audio store to try lots of headphones.

shotgunz

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011
Sennheiser's HD700 picks up footsteps extremely well and is one of the most comfortable headphones due to the large and thick pads and ergonomic design. It's treble really helps with hearing footsteps but for music, you may need to EQ it down a few decibels. Sounds in music and games will truely sound like they are around you instead of in your head due to it's open design and large soundstage.

Honestly the advice I can give you since you are spending that much on a headphone is to find a local audio store to try lots of headphones.

Solution